- Review of This Life in Marx & Philosophy Review of Books.
- This Life featured in Italian Vogue.
- This Life in New York Magazine.
- This Life wins the René Wellek Prize.
- Interview at Vox.
- Review of This Life in The Believer.
- Review of This Life in Spiked.
- Podcast on This Life at The Dig.
- The Ezra Klein Show podcast on This Life.
- The Philosopher’s Zone radio show on This Life.
- Review of This Life in Radical Philosophy.
- Conversation with Wolfgang Tillmans in Aperture Magazine.
- Press release for the Swedish translation of This Life, to be published in September.
- Review of This Life in Dagens Nyheter.
- Review of This Life in Arbetaren.
- Review of This Life in Magasinet Opulens.
- This Life chosen as a Book of the Year in The Guardian, The Millions, NRC, The Sydney Morning Herald, and by The Cure’s Robert Smith.
- Profile in New Statesman.
- Profile in NRC Handelsblad and review of This Life in De Groene Amsterdammer.
- Profile in Dagens Nyheter.
- Chris Hayes podcast on This Life.
- New issue of The Philosopher–the UK’s longest-running public philosophy journal–on This Life, with responses to the book by Frederick Neuhouser, Lea Ypi, and Jensen Suther, as well as an essay by and interview with Martin Hägglund.
- Conference on This Life at Harvard University.
- Review of This Life in boundary 2.
- Review of This Life in The Guardian.
- Review of This Life in Critical Inquiry.
- This Life reviewed and featured as book of the week in Times Higher Education.
- This Life featured as book of the week in The Boston Globe.
- This Life reviewed in The Arts Desk.
- This Life on top 5 culture list in Dagens Nyheter.
- Review of This Life in New Statesman.
- Review of This Life in The Humanist.
- Interview about This Life in Jacobin.
- Review of This Life in The New Yorker.
- Review of This Life in The New Republic.
- Review of This Life in Jacobin.
- Review of This Life in Boston Review.
- Review of This Life in Psychology Today.
- Exchange with Robert Pippin on This Life in The Point.
- Article and interview on This Life at VICE.
- Op-Ed “Why Mortality Makes Us Free” in The New York Times.
- Podcast interview with Jason Gots at Big Think.
- Podcast interview with Gil Roth at The Virtual Memories Show.
- Profile on me and my new book in the Danish weekly broadsheet newspaper Weekendavisen.
- Review of This Life in Brink.
- Review of This Life in Booklist (starred).
- Review of This Life in Kirkus Reviews.
- Review of This Life in Spirituality & Health.
- Op-Ed that takes up This Life in USA Today.
- Article on This Life in Counterpunch.
- An excerpt from my new book, This Life, published in The Yale Review.
- April 25: NYU Collogiuium on This Life: Secular Faith and Spiritual Freedom, with responses by J.M. Bernstein, Frederick Neuhouser, and Sarah Leonard.
- April 17: Seminar on This Life at Columbia University.
- April 11: At the Harvard Bookstore. Article about the event here.
- April 4: In conversation with Taylor Carman about This Life at Book Culture in New York.
- March 29: International conference at Yale University on This Life: Secular Faith and Spiritual Freedom, with responses by Rahel Jaeggi, Walter Benn Michaels, Karen Ng, Robert Pippin, William Clare Roberts, and Brandon M. Terry.
- March 5: In conversation with Morten Hoi Jensen about This Life: Secular Faith and Spiritual Freedom, at Scandinavia House in New York.
- March 5: Release of my new book This Life: Secular Faith and Spiritual Freedom
I have been selected as a Bogliasco Fellow for Spring 2018.
November 21 Lecture/Seminar at California Institute of the Arts.
November 20 Lecture and Seminar at Occidental College, Los Angeles.
November 13-14 Lecture and Seminar at Cornell University.
April 12 Lecture at Harvard University.
My next book This Life: Secular Faith and Spiritual Freedom will be published by Penguin Random House: Pantheon.
Publication of the proceedings of the Stanford University event on my book Dying for Time and Michael Clune’sWriting Against Time.
April 23 I will give a keynote lecture at the Phenomenological Crossings conference in Stockholm, Sweden.
April 10 I will give a lecture for the Humanism at Yale Week.
Article on my work in Archival Science.
Article on my work in relation to Markus Gabriel in Sophia: International Journal of Philosophy and Traditions.
I am taking over as Chair of Comparative Literature at Yale.
December 13 I will participate in a roundtable at the Helix Center in New York.
October 9 I will give a faculty seminar at Dartmouth College.
July 1 Full Professorhip at Yale.
June 23 I am giving a seminar on T.S. Eliot’s Four Quartets at the University of York.
June 19 I am speaking at the York Festival of Ideas.
May 28-31 I am a keynote speaker at the 4th international Derrida Today conference.
April 10 I am presenting a paper at the Yale Legal Theory Workshop.
February 28 I am participating in the symposium On Late Nabokov at Yale University.
February 22 I am the keynote speaker at the Duquesne Philosophy Conference on Time.
Video on Radical Atheism by Josh James.
Review of Dying for Time in Los Angeles Review of Books.
Review of Dying for Time in Theory and Event.
Review of Dying for Time in Metapsychology.
Review of Dying for Time in Woolf Studies Annual.
Review of Dying for Time in Choice.
Review of Dying for Time in Dagens Nyheter.
Release of the special issue of Derrida Today, On Dying for Time, including my essay “On Chronolibido: A Response to Rabaté and Johnston.”
December 5 I will discuss my book Dying for Time at Stanford University.
October 31 I will give a talk at the New School Philosophy Department.
Call for papers for the Duquesne Philosophy Conference on Time, where I will be the keynote speaker.
Call for papers for the 4th International Derrida Today conference, where I will be one of the keynote speakers.
Review of Theory After “Theory” in Modernism/Modernity.
Video of Zagreb Roundtable with Hägglund, Ray Brassier, Adrian Johnston and Catherine Malabou.
Release of the new issue of Les Temps Modernes, featuring my essay “L’athéisme radical de Derrida,” translated by Anne Wilhelmi.
October 25 Seminar at the Center for Research in Modern European Philoshopy, Kingston University, London.
October 24 Talk at New College, University of Oxford.
October 20 Symposium on Chronolibido: Psychoanalysis, Literature, and Philosophy at the New School in New York, with Adrian Johnston and Jean-Michel Rabaté, moderated by Simon Critchley.
October 19 Panel on Conditions of Possibility at CUNY Graduate Center in New York, with Slavoj Zizek and Adrian Johnston.
September 27 Workshop on my new book Dying for Time: Proust, Woolf, Nabokov, and Armen Avanessian and Anke Hennig’s Present Tense: A Poetics, in the Department of German, Yale University.
September 14 Symposium on Life at SUNY, Buffalo, with Catherine Malabou, William Egginton, and Leonard Lawlor.
Review of Radical Atheism and its reception in International Journal of Philosophical Studies.
July 2-13 I am one of the keynote speakers and invited professors at the International Summer School for German Philosophy at Bonn University.
June 15-17 I am one of the keynote speakers at the conference The Art of the Concept in Zagreb.
May 4 I am the keynote speaker at the CUNY Graduate Center Comparative Literature and Critical Theory conference Principles of Uncertainty.
April 26-27 I am one of the invited speakers at a two-day conference on Derrida at Boston College, with J. Hillis Miller and Michael Naas.
March 29-Apri 1 I will give a talk at and participate in the annual conference of ACLA at Brown University.
March 22 I am one of the invited speakers at a symposium on Derrida and Religion at Fordham University, with Penelope Deutscher, Sarah Hammerschlag and Michael Naas.
March 14-16 I am one of the plenary speakers at the Derrida conference at the Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main.
March 12 I will give an invited talk/seminar at the Peter Szondi-Institut, Freie Universität, Berlin.
February 29 I will give a talk at Yale University.
November 18 I will visit Northwestern University, giving a workshop on Radical Atheism and its reception in the Department of Philosophy and a lecture on my new book Dying for Time.
October 5 Presentation and discussion of my paper “Chronolibido: From Socrates to Lacan and Beyond” in the Department of Comparative Literature at Harvard University.
September 29 Presentation of a paper in the University Seminar on Literary Theory at Columbia University, with a response by Mark Sanders (NYU).
Harvard University Press will publish my next book Dying for Time: Proust, Woolf, Nabokov.
The debate between me and John D. Caputo is now available in print. John D. Caputo: “The Return of Anti-Religion: From Radical Atheism to Radical Theology.” Martin Hägglund: “The Radical Evil of Deconstruction: A Reply to John Caputo.”
Audio recordings of my talk in Zagreb, “The Trace of Time and the Death of Life: Bergson, Heidegger, Derrida” followed by Question and Answer session and Roundtable with Hägglund, Ray Brassier, Adrian Johnston, and Catherine Malabou.
June 20 I will give a talk at the Institute of Philosophy, Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts in Ljubljana.
June 17-19 I am one of the invited speakers at the second symposium on 21st century Philosophy, Politics, and Aesthetics in Zagreb.
Interview with me in Journal of Philosophy: A Cross-Disciplinary Inquiry.
I will give a talk at ACLA 2011 in Vancouver, March 31-April 3.
Release of The Speculative Turn, including my essay “Radical Atheist Materialism: A Critique of Meillassoux.”
January 9 Booklaunch for Theory After “Theory”at the Annual Meeting of the MLA, where I will present on my chapter “The Arche-Materiality of Time.”
November 16-18 I will visit University of California, Davis, speaking Of Chronolibido: Time, Desire, Deconstruction on November 17 and participating in a roundtable on Time, Psychoanalysis, Materialism with Adrian Johnston on November 18.
November 12 I will give a talk on Derrida in the Department of Philosophy at the University of New Mexico.
October 8 I will present a paper at the Freud After Derrida conference at the University of Manitoba, Canada.
Release of After the Postsecular and the Postmodern, ed. A.P. Smith and D. Whistler, featuring Alex Andrew’s essay “Sovereign Autoimmunity: Hägglund, Bataille, and the Secular.”
Release of Derek Attridge’s Reading and Responsibility, featuring a chapter that treats my book Radical Atheism. Publication of my response, “The Non-Ethical Opening of Ethics: A Response to Derek Attridge” in Derrida Today.
April 22 I will give a talk on Virginia Woolf at Columbia University.
April 15-17 I am one of the invited speakers at The Contemporary Condition of Philosophy conference at the American University of Beirut, .
April 6-7 I will give a talk and a workshop at the UB Humanities Institute.
March 26-27 I am one of the invited speakers at the Derrida and Religion conference at Harvard University.
March 4 Oxford University will host an exchange between me and Derek Attridge on Ethics, Hospitality, and Radical Atheism. I will also give a talk on Proust the day after, March 5th at 5.15pm, in the Okinaga Room, also at Wadham College, Oxford.
February 12 I will give a talk on Proust and Philosophy in the Department of Philosophy at the University of New Mexico.
January 28 Release of new issue of OEI, featuring a Swedish translation of my essay “Radical Atheist Materialism” and a review essay on Radical Atheism by Hans Ruin.
Derek Attridge reviews Radical Atheism in Derrida Today.
Audio recordings of the Radical Atheism conference are now available.
William Robert reviews Radical Atheism in Sophia.
New issue of Diacritics on Derrida and Democracy, which includes the debate between me and Ernesto Laclau concerning radical atheism.
October 30 I will present a paper at the Annual Conference of SPEP in Arlington, Virginia.
October 22 I will respond to a paper by Warren Breckman at the Center for European Studies at Harvard.
Release of the special issue of CR: The New Centennial Review, Living On: Of Martin Hägglund.
Hans Ruin reviews Radical Atheism in Dagens Nyheter.
A debate between me and John Caputo will be featured at the Derrida and Religion conference at Harvard in March 2010.
I will participate as a text seminar leader at the Collegium Phaenomenologicum in July 2009.
I am one of the invited speakers at the 21st century materialism conference in Zagreb, June 20-21, 2009.